- Castellano: Esta página no está traducida al castellano.
5. Web Interfaces¶
There are tree interfaces that gives different access types to IsardVDI, the direct link, the full administration interface and a simplified user interface. This allows advanced users and manager users to administer templates and company limits and quotas while leaving a simplified interface to the users.
5.1 Direct link¶
And advanced user could provide you a direct link to a virtual desktop. Opening the link with a browser you will can select to access via the browser or with a local client (follow the link for installation instructions).
5.2 Simplified user web interface¶
This simplified interface is the main interface when user access to the domain URL root, Eg. https://desktops.isardvdi.com. It is intended to bring a simplified user interface to access non-persistent desktops from its user allowed templates. We will extend it to allow manage persistent desktops in the future.
This interface allows:
- Access with IsardVDI users with a username and password.
- Access using accounts from Google and Github. First time you will need a token provided by a manager. Maybe your system administrator won't allow this kind of access.
- Access to live nonpersistent desktops, destroyed on session logout.
- Multi template option
With this simple interface the user is given two kinds of viewers:
- Local client: Using the spice client. Installation instructions are in Local Client
- Browser: Using the same browser with HTML5
If the user has access to more than one non-persistent desktop (he has access to more than one template) the system will ask which non persistent desktop wants to create and access on login:
5.3 Full administration web interface¶
This interface is intended for Administrator, Manager and Advanced roles as it brings them full control. Normal users can still access this admin interface if they are allowed to have persistent desktops.
The URL for accessing to this web interface for Default category is in /isard-admin if you don't create a multitenancy configuration. E.g. https://desktops.isardvdi.com/isard-admin.
Administator can create a multitenant acces by creating categories. For multitenancy configurations each user should access through it's own category portal in /isard-admin/login/[category].