Desktops menú will allow you to manage your own desktops.
17.1 Add new desktop¶
You have a button on the top right corner that will open a modal form where you can choose a template desktop as a base for your new desktop and set the hardware within your user quota limits.
NOTE: If there are no templates to choose from you will need to create one from an existing desktop or, as advanced user, create new one installing it from a downloaded media ISO.
You shoul fill the form an click on create desktop:
- Name: Fill in your desired desktop name
- Description: Give it a description (optional)
- Search an select template: Find a template using the search input box provided that will filter template table list and click on the template you want to create your desktop from.
- Set hardware: After selecting a template you will be shown with a button that opens a selection of hardware that you can choose for your new desktop, always within your user quota limits.
After creating the desktop you will find it in stopped status with a green button to start it. If you start it, a modal viewer form will be shown where you can choose your connection type.
17.1.1 Connect to viewer¶
The first time you start a desktop you will be presented with a viewer selection form with all available types of connections to your desktop:
|CONNECTION TYPE||CLIENT NEEDED||SECURE|
|Linux: virt-viewer (debian based), remote-viewer (RH based)
Mac: No client tested to be working
Android: aSpice viewer
|Spice browser||Any modern browser: Firefox, Chromium, ...||YES|
|VNC browser||Any modern browser: Firefox, Chromium, ...||YES|
|VNC client||Linux: vinagre -F console.vv
Win: RealPlayer 1*
Mac: Default VNC client in Mac works
Android: Not tested
iOS**: Not tested
*1: When opening file in RealPlayer it will ask for password. You can copy&paste password from desktop details.
*2: VNC connections in KVM through a VNC client are not being encrypted. To connect securely with VNC it should be used a previously created encrypted tunnel or VPN connection.
17.2 Desktop details¶
When you click on the + sign to the left of each desktop a details view will open. There you will find actions and information about desktop hardware being used and system status information.
17.2.1 Edit desktop¶
When desktop is stopped you will be able to edit them in the edit form that will open:
- Description: This is optional and can be updated.
- Viewer fullscreen: If checked it will set that paraemeter in client viewer files so it will automatically open the guest in fullscreen.
- Hardware: Here you can modify the hardware, networks and boot for that desktop within the quota and alloweds for your user.
- Media: Here you can add or remove ISO and Floppy images already uploaded into the system and shared with your user, group, category or role.
When you finish and click on Modify desktop button a bunch of operations will be held by IsardVDI engine to ensure that the new desktop configuration can be started in the system. If it finishes in a Fail state you should review your modifications.
17.2.2 Delete desktop¶
When the desktop is stopped you can delete it. This action will ask for confirmation as it is NOT REVERSIBLE. You will lose anything that was related to that desktop.