Private and personal networks¶
A private network is configured on multiple desktops at once to establish communication between multiple users machines.
- Example use case: client-server architecture between desktops and between desktop and client machine.
A personal network is configured on multiple desktops at once to establish a communication between same user machines.
- Example use case: client-server architecture where multiple clients use the same IP address.
Both types of network can be combined into one desktop and virtual environment, as well as Internet outgoing cards. Isard virtual desktops also allow you to function as routers or servers that are networked with the WireGuard card (create a personal VPN connection) and thus be accessible from other desktops and/or from the client machine.
You can modify access permissions to these networks to limit which users or groups can use them.
- Example Use Cases: Client architecture- DHCP server with two desktops respectively using a private network, allowing later use of a personal network by modifying the desktop and its networks.
- Create Desktop taking base template from Debian 11 Desktop configured in Isard
2.- Configure networks (at the moment or edit later,desktop.ca/#editar-desktop)), adding *Defualt* and ibadia1’ (bridge adapter and private** respectively)
3.- Boot desktop and modify network configuration** from both cards, corresponding first to ,Default' and second to ibadia1' (second card is configured with fixed ip)
' NOTE: The order of network cards that are configured on the desktop in Isard is the order of cards that appear configured on the desktop system, for example when the
ip -c a command is written to the terminal.
4.- Upgrade repositories and install package .apache2’. Verify your operation
- Create a desktop taking base template fromUbuntu 22.04 Desktop configured in Isard
- Configure networks,desktop.ca/#hardware), adding only the private **badia1'
- Boot desktop and modify network settings
- Ping to server:
4.- Open a web browser and verify access to the web server through its IP address
5.- Stop desktops suitably (from system, graphically or with commands)
- You can make a template also client and have the appropriate network settings already:
Desktops from Templates¶
Sign in to Isard and check visibility of templates created and shared by professor
. NOTE: creating a desktop, if not modified, inherits hardware configurations from the template. You can modify it when creating the desktop or once it has already been created with the edit button.
You can change,desktop.ca/#editar-desktop), for example, the private network *bay1’* over the personpersonal-badia’ network to server and to client, so that the learner can perform the practice in a exclusive network segment, and so each learner can use the same uncollisioned IP addresses**.